Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Where did October go?

Photo taken using A Beautiful Mess' iPhone app (using Greg's phone)

October flew right by!  Thankfully I can say I enjoyed it from start to finish.  As you can see I hardly blogged on here at all during last month and wanted to share a little of what kept me busy.  

Greg and I went camping with my mom and dad in the Adirondacks.  I made homemade butternut squash soup twice and roasted the seeds.  I went to a cool exhibition as a part of Project-U Arts in Utica, New York.  Donated my small illustration, "Soup Loving Mouse" to a local non-profit gallery, ArtRage: The Norton Putter Gallery, for a cheap art auction.  Created a new illustration for a call for art, applied (and declined) from a local exhibition. Baked up some apple crisp and had a little Halloween party.  Whew!

How was your October?  Did you make the most of the mid-autumn?  I hope you're doing a lof cooking/baking of tasty and comforting autumn dishes as well!  Squashes are still in season!

I've signed up for the Gallery of Mo creating mo'traits (self portraits with mustaches) to help raise funds to fight prostate cancer.  Click here to visit my profile.  That will most likely be occupying my drawing, as well as some good late-autumn cooking.  I still have two butternut squash, an acorn squash, and some pumpkins to cook up!

No comments:

Post a Comment