Friday, August 31, 2012

End of August Goal Update!

I had made a goal for myself to finish two illustrations I had started before and to try out a pickling recipe.  Well, it's officially August 31st and I am here to update.  

I did not finish the two illustrations I was so motivated to take on at the beginning of the month, but I am proud of the progress I have completed on them this month.  





The last illustration I started in 2010 and it is still very much in progress.  Sometimes I get feel really ashamed or embarrassed that I start so many drawings, illustrations, or projects and just leave them unfinished.  I do return to complete most of them, though a good handful remain as-is. 

I started to lose my mojo again, so these pieces are on standby once more (life's imperative things and work tend to get mixed about).  I've left them within eye-sight so I am constantly reminded of their unfinished state until I pick them up again. 

I did, however, pickle up some yellow squash with diced sweet onions and bell peppers yesterday!! I have them currently stored in the refrigerator to let them soak in the brine for twenty-four hours before a taste test.  This is my first attempt EVER at any sort of pickling and I am hoping the squash will turn out well. 

They look really delicious in their little containers (I cleaned and boiled old salsa jars).  I'm thinking that tonight after work I'll have a forkful just to see how I really did. :)

-Caroline


***ALL ORIGINAL ARTWORK IS OWNED AND CREATED BY CAROLINE A. LOCATELLI. 

No comments:

Post a Comment