Friday, August 31, 2012

Urban gardening: Basking in the Morning Sun


From left to right: cucumber seeds (still have yet to sprout),  three organic cherry tomato plants, lavender, chives (still have yet to sprout), organic red pepper sprouts (I dried these myself from a red pepper), and more organic cherry tomatoes! 

It is rather late for me to be attempting a garden so late in the season (especially in central New York State), but I wanted to attempt it anyways.  Some of my seeds didn't sprout at all, while others took off faster than I anticipated!  I'm really holding unto the last warm weather and looking forward to an Indian summer for my container garden.  

My container garden has also become a little a zen spot for me with all the lush green.  I have two charming wooden folding chairs as well as a small table for reading in the sunshine among the little garden.  

It's a little slice of peace on the 3rd floor. 

Happy gardening!
-Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment