Thursday, September 6, 2012

A lovely September Morning

It's Thursday, and I magically (and I really mean magically) have two off in a row this week-only from requesting them off myself to see a concert (Metric) in Rochester, New York.  For those who do not know, I work a full-time retail job that is more demanding than most really believe. 

I excitedly picked the third cucumber from our small container vegetable garden yesterday!  We also have several herbs doing amazingly well...some of these are: basil, thyme, cilantro, dill, chives, and peppermint (I can't seem to make mojitos fast enough for the new growth that I trim back).  The young organic cherry tomato plants and red peppers are doing well, though no fruit yet.  I also have re-planted green onions that spring back every time you trim them down.  I literally planted the white rooty end of these guys in the soil after using some green onion in a dish and they'll keep springing back with new fresh onion growth!

I have to say, I relish the morning that I can take my time.  I thoroughly enjoy checking my computer at the kitchen table with my morning coffee while being able to look out through the sliding doors at the small balcony with all the lush green potted plants sprinkled wherever they can fit.  Those little morning delights really help to start your day off nicely.  I only wish I could take this time every morning, as well as wishing for a consistent and routinely work schedule.  

Some things will change over time, but for now I just need to keep trudging through.  Stay strong out there! 

-Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment