Thursday, September 6, 2012

Homestyle Cooking: Pickled Yellow Squash

I realized that all I've been about is the pickled yellow squash without dishing out the recipe for anyone to share...if you're jonesing for a unique pickle side dish!

The photograph above was snapped while Gregory and I shared a small dish as an afternoon snack together on our day off.  Light, crisp, and pickily (I know that isn't a proper word-but it fits perfectly). :)

I came across this recipe from one of my personal favorite food sites, TheKitchn.  This website is a mecca for food recipes, inspiration, advice on the simplest to the complex kitchen methods, and just all around gorgeous food photography!  The articles are well written and short, but certainly have gotten me motivated to trying new dishes. The specific recipe for these pickled yellow squash can be found here

I chose to pickle these squash in old salsa jars from the supermarket.  I cleaned them beforehand as well as boiled the jars and lids while the brine was boiling for an extra step.  I like the size and re-usability these jar have about them.  They're also quite the nice snacking size for this condiment dish.  

Happy Picklin'!
-Caroline 

No comments:

Post a Comment