Wednesday, September 19, 2012

This year so far in books read








































I should have taken note in June (a half way point through the year) to look and see exactly how many books I've successfully read through and how many more I can squeeze in before December ends the calendar year-whoops!  Well, I did not and I am instead, I'm taking inventory now. 

Shown top to bottom: 
          Jack London: Sailor on Horseback by: Irving Stone
          The Call of the Wild and Other Short Stories by: Jack London
          Adventure by: Jack London
          The Valley of the Moon by: Jack London
          Lives of the Artists by: Calvin Tomkins
          The Old Man and the Sea by: Ernest Hemingway 

I technically have yet to finish all of the short stories that are in the same paperback collection as The Call of the Wild.  There are six stories in all that presented in this order: 
          The Call of the Wild
          Diable-A Dog
          An Odyessey of the North
          To the Man on Trail
          To Build a Fire
          Love of Life 

I only read through the first two and am a pausing point in the third.  I really want to get To Build a Fire, but I don't want to rush through the others and not respect their literary worthiness.  As you can most likely conclude, I am infatuated with the late Californian writer, Jack London, and the adventurous life he lead.

I have been dedicating my lunch breaks to complete reading, though I honestly don't read as much outside of these breaks (I'm going to work on this).  Almost six books down and I'm going to set an official goal to read four more by the end of the year!  

Happy reading!
-Caroline 

No comments:

Post a Comment