Friday, October 19, 2012

Homestyle Cooking: Pumpkin Spice Blossoms with Chocolate Kisses








































Let me tell you, I feel like I have been a machine in the kitchen as of lately!  Well, maybe not compared to most food lovers who relish in making scrumptious concoctions for themselves from scratch-but I certainly have been making and baking more cuisine for myself.  The last two weeks I've found myself craving to make homemade cookies to enjoy at home as well to bring in a treat for my co-workers at work (it's also a pleasant treat to sneak back into the break room to have a home baked goody too!)  This lovely little cookie recipe comes from the lovely baking blog, Tutti Dolci, and can be specifically found here.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup pure pumpkin
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 dozen Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses

Note: I couldn't locate the Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses at my local Wegman's or Rite-Aid (my local grocery and drug store) so I simply substituted the good ol' classic Hershey's milk chocolate kisses.  I personally think the pumpkin/chocolate combination hits the spot!  (I also think I was too late in the retail autumn season to try the spice kisses out as well-oh well.)

On a different note, I haven't made much art lately, and to be even more honest with you, I haven't been feeling the huge motivational urge to produce anything.  I feel as though I've been taking my creative energy and putting it to use in the kitchen, cooking and baking from scratch.  Though I love that I've creating tasty treats for our apartment and to bring into work for my co-workers, I am conflicted with myself for feeling sluggish with my art.  I'm not going to go into my own personal creating art between my inconsistent work schedule conflict any deeper; it's just a little more difficult than people may think to classify yourself as an artist sometimes.  Anyways, try out the cookies and relish the peak of the changing foliage!  (We're almost full peak in colors here and it's beautiful!) 

Happy baking!
-Caroline 

No comments:

Post a Comment