Thursday, February 7, 2013

Table Lemons.


Anyone can recite the common line, "if life gives you lemons, you make some lemonade" bit to incite positive inspiration to help someone who is struggling or is feeling a little low.  Well, I gave myself a present of fresh lemons to lift my mood with the winter slump.  Why not just have some lemons around to be reminded of that cheery color during these grey months?

I decided to do just that and to house them in a bright green ceramic bowl on the kitchen table.  I not only bought some lemons to help cheer myself up a little with some gorgeous yellow, but to also help boost my body with fresh citrus juice.  I can also honestly say, I also had some added inspiration from a lemon whiskey sour recipe I found too.  I used regular lemons in the recipe, since I couldn't locate any Meyers lemons locally (which were still tasty) and some Crown Royal blended Canadian whiskey.  The C.R. mixed well with the lemons and I recommend it for this recipe.  However, I would be interested in trying this recipe out with an Irish Whiskey or another Canadian, such as Yukon Jack (named after writer Jack London). 

A little early spring cleaning, a fresh pop of color from some lemons in a brightly colored bowl, and a newly found citrus cocktail are helping to make the greys of winter a bit more bearable.  If you're looking for a new cocktail or just a simple, cheap pop of bright color in your abode, I recommend adding some lemons or other citrus fruit into your life.

-Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment