Saturday, July 6, 2013

In Progress: Illustration (Frisco)

"Frisco" (in progress). Pencil and pigment liner on paper at the moment. 
11 x 14"

The photo above is an in-progress snippet of the latest illustration that I've been working on.  I wasn't sure how I felt at first, and felt she was a little dull in content; i.e. not having drips, fruit, or confectionery delights on her head.  However, this afternoon's progress held my interest, and reaffirmed my faith in the direction of the piece, when I started inking her locks of hair and adding detail.  

I've set the illustration on the coffee table, in the living room I share with Greg, to look at the progress thus far and let it settle.  I couldn't help but think of the song "San Fransisco" by Scott McKenzie while looking it over. "...For those who come to San Fransisco/
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair..."  I do enjoy the flowers, though they were sort of a last ditch effort to put "something in her hair" once I started inking the strands.  It still has a long way to go and holds much room for potential.  
Keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment