Sunday, July 14, 2013

[Still] In Progress: Illustration (Frisco)

"Frisco" (still in progress). Prismacolor marker and pigment liner on paper. 
11 x 14"

Another in-progress shot of the illustration I've been working on most recently.  I've been adding a little more work here and there and then leaving it to rest for a day or two.  Weird cycle, I know, but we're all a little odd here.  I was actually quite antsy to start coloring it and have just begin adding layers of markers to blend her skin tone.  

I thoroughly enjoy experimenting with layering various colors of the Prismacolor markers as well as creating small color samples to see what colors I wish to use and mix.  Markers aren't just for children in my mind and I have no qualm that they've become my favorite medium.  I'm not quite sure what I'll do for the background just yet.  For some reason, I keep thinking of putting strawberries; like a wallpaper.  Maybe I just have berry picking on the brain.   

No comments:

Post a Comment