Monday, July 29, 2013

New Illustration: Eye Flowers

"Eye Flowers." 2013.
Prismacolor marker and pigment liner on paper. 5 x 7"

I'm still working on the last major illustration, "Frisco," and the last I've updated on this blog.  The inking is almost finished, though I've been taking my sweet time to add color to it.  As silly as it may sound, sometimes it's intimidating to add color to a piece, at least for me.  Most of the time if you start adding a specific color to an area of the piece - you're stuck with it.  There are exceptions where I can add a darker color over a lighter one changing the feel of an illustration.  I was able to do that with "La Petite Gateau," between the original to the completed, layering deco blue over the original mint/tea green in the background. 

I drew and colored the piece above, "Eye Flowers," as an attempt to create a quick piece with the same passion and detail as a larger illustration.  This postcard sized illustration is a trial to see how I like creating smaller works.  My goal is create more spontaneous works like this that don't take days to complete (I am a slow, detailed orientated artist when it comes to inking/coloring).  
Like a good amount of my work, this was spontaneous and fanciful! 
 
-    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -  

Someday in the future I will have prints to sell of my work (my goal is by the end of 2013).  I really, really want to sell my prints online (when I have prints made).  More importantly, I want to share my work with friends and those around me who support and motivate my work.  

I've started to look around locally for pricing, and most important test samples of my work printed.  I know it's going to be harder than I realize to find the perfect print + paper that best mimics the colors and mediums I use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment