Thursday, November 8, 2012

Portfolio Update/Last Year's Illustrations







































I added these two smaller (7x10") illustrations to my website today.  I was digging through my wooden crate full of my sketchbooks from 2006 to the present.  There's about 18 total, though I can say I did not fill each page.  The majority of them are working sketches that are pretty personal, because they're experimental.  I was hoping to find some inspiration in some forgotten sketches and illustrations in these, and I came across these two illustrations.  Even though I drew them last year I wanted to give them a little more spotlight.  Plus, I had forgotten to scan them and publish them on my website to accompany my portfolio.








































I also stumbled on this sketchbook, Sketchbook with Voices, that I purchased at the Hirshhorn Museum, when Gregory and I were visiting his brother and sister-in-law.  It's blank except with a quote or a one-line instruction from a contemporary artist.  I hope this will jump-start my creativity.  

-Caroline
 .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     . 


Note: I absolutely LOVE galleries and museums!!!  I highly recommend visiting the Hirshorn Museum in Washington, D.C.  It's a part of the Smithsonian museums, which means it's free to the public and it's contemporary and super neat!  

No comments:

Post a Comment