Friday, November 23, 2012

Post-Thanksgiving

If you acknowledge the American holiday of Thanksgiving, I hope you had a hearty and comforting family holiday.  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays simply because it's about family, food, and gratitude.

Greg and I spent our Thanksgiving between two homes and a long stretch of Interstate-90.     First stop was my family's home for a simply Thanksgiving and then back on I-90 to the capital district.  This was all followed by a long drive home to Syracuse on none other than I-90; getting back before midnight.  I'm quite thankful for cruise control (among other important things like my family, friends, education, and Greg).

We both work in the retail field, and it's about to get a little hellish with the upcoming day-after-Thanksgiving…Black Friday.   Very long shifts and an abundance of patience are the plan for today.  In rebellion to this American consumer madness, I swear not to buy one item today. Maybe it won't matter any in the grand scheme of things...but it's my stance against this financial storm I'm about to weather.

-Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment