Saturday, June 29, 2013

New Illustration: La Petite Gateau

"La Petite Gateau" 2010-2013.
Prismacolor marker and pigment liner on paper. 14 x 17"





I am SO EXCITED that I finished this piece after work a couple of hours ago.  Over the course of five days, I transformed the illustration in the post below; coloring over the original background color, inking lines over again as well as creating new ones for more detail.  

The background is a layer of avocado green with a layer of deco blue (my favorite).  I'm not the greatest in photographing my work (I need one of my college photo-friends to re-shoot my portfolio), but I try my best at digitally documenting my work with the tools I have.

I'm personally really pleased with the progress I was able to make to the illustration, which has now been updated to my website, Driptique..  I'm really trying to ride this creative wave and maintain positive energy with what I've been making in the remaining part of June.  Sometimes my creativity, is an arid well of inactivity and frustration fueled by self-criticism, personal expectations, and the tolls of working in retail, and sometimes it's a consistent stream of inspiration, focus, good energy, and good work.  I'm beginning to make the most out of my summer artistically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment