Friday, June 28, 2013

Untitled illustration from the past

Untitled (until completion). 2010-2013.

I've mentioned in past posts, that sometimes I start a drawing or illustration and just leave it due to lack of inspiration, boredom, and/or a bust lifestyle/work.  Rarely will I go back to them and sometimes I'll re-create them fresh with a new style; an expample of this is "Mademoiselle Spider" after the original was ruined. However, after looking through some older illustrations, unfinished drawings, old fashion drawings and sketches from college courses...I found this piece.  I took this photograph yesterday morning to show how I left it sometime in 2010, so that I can show what I've added to it in 2013.  

I'm not finished with the progress of adding to a piece I started three years ago, but I can say that I'm really pleased with how it's turning out. I'll also state that I am a glutton for tedious effort put into my work; i.e. going over the same lines three times to get the right thickness and look.  It's what I love to do, though the piece may not reflect all the time gone into it.  Hopefully, tomorrow after work I'll be able to finish and photograph the before and after.

No comments:

Post a Comment