Wednesday, June 26, 2013

New Illustration: Stars


"Stars." 2013 (in progress)


"Stars." 2013.
Pigment liner on paper. 6 x 8"

This post would have been titled with "sketchbook look," however this particular illustration took up more time than I had originally anticipated.  I started this yesterday in my small 6 x 8" sketchbook with small refresher breaks in between, which usually involved watching something found streaming on Netflix (lately it's been Star Trek: DS9). 
 

I liked where the drawing was going and indulged with the lines of the hair.  I've somehow drifted to drawing intricate coiffures or naturally unruly down styles of women's hair.  I don't put too much effort into my own hair and like to let it be naturally curly/wavy.  Of course, I've colored it, bleached it, cut it myself, as well as adorned different styles and accessories, like most women do.  Hair just holds this great potential of personality with the various styles, colors, and cuts it can be transformed into.   

No comments:

Post a Comment