Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Planter Theme


potential Summer color scheme for terracotta planters

It's almost mid-June and I'll admit I'm not doing particularly well in the sprout department.  I wouldn't say I have a black thumb (when one just cannot keep any plants alive), because I do manage to keep some plants thriving.  I suppose I would say my thumb would be a muddy green in the color spectrum of gardening and figurative thumbs. 
 
That said, I've gone and purchased more seeds and plan on purchasing some new terracotta pots to decorate.  I decided to buy some organic, non-GMO seeds from Seedsnow.com.  They had almost everything I'm hoping to start again with the exception of lavender contained in a basic seed packet.  The majority of the seed packets I chose were on sale for $0.99; with the exception of oregano.  I find that these seeds were cheaper than purchasing them from a chain home improvement store and I feel a bit better about planting them. 

 All I need now is to pick up some classic basic terracotta pots and start painting while I wait for my seeds to arrive in the post (and for my cold to go away).  Above is an idea (hand-drawn and scanned) for my expected seeds to grow in with a funky summer color scheme.  Thank goodness it's still early enough in the New York growing season to start seedlings over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment