Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sketchbook Look: lavender girl


There's a correlation between my blog absence and when I started working another part-time job.  Well, I've decided to leave that second retail workplace for a better summer, to find my focus with my art again, and for a little more freedom (even if that means a little less income to work with).  Honestly, I feel as though I've hardly created anything this year and it's almost half over.  I'm making the decision to change that.

I drew this doodle on a lavender piece of scrap paper (about 3 x 5" dimension) and a thin black marker.  I'll admit I started it stealthily between customers and sizing new merchandise at my second job this afternoon.  I need to draw doodles more without caring about the outcome of the doodle.  Sometimes that's when some of the most interesting illustrations start from.   

No comments:

Post a Comment