Monday, June 24, 2013

Sketchbook Look: Curly girl

Untitled (Curly girl). 2013
Pigment liner on paper. 6 x 8"

I'll be finishing up my second retail job today and saying goodbye to packing, tagging, and merchandising previous seasons clothing at discounted prices for awhile.  Though clothing retail wasn't bad to work in, I am already taken in the home goods/furniture/fragrance retail.  I look forward to worrying about only getting to one job and actually enjoying my New York State summer.  Hopefully some tent camping, hiking, swimming, and running will be in my future in the next couple of months.

I drew this doodle (above) this morning while drinking my coffee.  The methods were the same as the last doodle and I tried to keep my thoughts free to the possibilites I was spontaneously creating in my small 6 x 8" sketchbook.  I'm not sure if I'll add to it, color it, or just leave it be.  As weird as it sounds, I sometimes like leaving my pieces unfinished as they are.  It's a unexplainable artistic fate for some of the pieces that I create.


Note: I hand draw these pieces and scan them (through an older scanner) to my laptop.  Sometimes the scans aren't perfectly ideal.  I didn't want to tear it out of my physical sketchbook and that's how it scanned with the spirals.  

1 comment: